Northern Arizona University – Flagstaff, Arizona
Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s: Emphasis in machine design and manufacturing.
W. L. Gore & Associates: February 27, 2012 –
- Working with a team of world class associates
- Designing manufacturing equipment that creates life-saving technologies
- Designing manufacturing aids and fixtures that reduce ergonomic issues and ease assembly
- Working with several NPD team to bring new, high value products to market
Motor Excellence, L.L.C.: May 14 – November 18, 2011.
- Designed test equipment, manufacturing fixtures, and prototype electric motors.
- Worked closely with diverse team to generate creative and effective solutions
- Instrumental in creation of several successful electric motor prototypes
- Created adaptation of current product to fulfill alternate needs
- Composed part and assembly drawings with appropriate machining tolerances and fits
- Analyzed systems and components using Solidworks Simulation checked against analytic methods
- Submitted orders and consulted machine shops to make effective prototype parts
- Used Mastercam to generate toolpaths for CNC machinery to fabricate parts in house
Sturm Ruger & Co., Inc.: May 24 – August 19, 2010. 3 Month Internship.
- Designed, ordered and installed machining, measurement and assembly fixtures.
- Wrote process sheets for manufacturing procedures to be used by associates.
- Learned about Lean manufacturing, single piece flow, Kaizen, Kan bans, 5S and Six Sigma.
- Performed QC studies for laser engraver, milling fixtures, WIP and incoming product.
- Specified equipment for manufacturing cells.
- Fluent in Solidworks, Simulation, and Excel
- Fluent in HSMWorks CAM software
- Deep knowledge of modern manufacturing techniques and capabilities.
- Comfortable using GD&T to correctly dimension prints
- Large fabrication skillset including machining, welding, molding and 3d printing.
- 3 axis cnc milling machine 12”X 6”Y 10”Z travels
- CNC lathe 10×32” bed
- Solidworks design suite
- HSMXpress CAM add-in